3.24.2014

Project Renovation: Big Reveal: Kitchen!


If you know me or have been following this blog, you know that my house has been consuming most of my life for the past year-and-a-half. {gulp} From the moment I put an offer on it, my life has been a constant roller-coaster of events. I closed on my house the day before Thanksgiving and my contractor started demo the following Monday. A project that he said would take 3 months. "We'll have you moving in here before St. Patrick's Day!" he said. Yeah. Right. I may have gone out of town in a series of crazy, once-in-a-lifetime crazy-to-pass-up type trips: a month in Africa, a week in Hawaii, and 10 days in Cuba. That January through March was just insane. Amazingly awesome, but insane. Mental note for any of you thinking about buying and/or renovating a house. Do NOT go out of town until the process is over.
So, anyway - here is the before of my cute, but awkward kitchen with virtually no counter space.
*cue the drumroll*
I present.... my kitchen!! *ta-daaa* {audience ooh-ing and ahh-ing}

----------
 ----------
 ----------
.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh & ahh, indeed! Great job on the kitchen. Love the minty fresh Smeg :-) I feel your pain re: renos. We're at the one year mark (and counting!) It hurts, but worth it (kind of? sort of?) Looking forward to following your super-cute blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! Glad you like it all... however, my fridge isn't a Smeg (although I totally adore them!), it's a Big Chill! Similar to the Smeg, but bigger and a bit more practical... :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! This is unbelievably beautiful and cool! Love the open shelving and the pop of color for your floor is ah-mazing!! Kathy @The Daily Nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Patra! My floors are wood that I painted.
      Check out my post on what I did to the flooring here:
      http://www.mylifeeclectic.com/2014/02/project-renovation-kitchen-floor.html

      Delete