1.17.2012

Accessorize: Hand piece


Grey is the new black. Pearls are the new diamonds. Etcetera, etcetera. 
Well, I'm calling it: Hand pieces are the new two-finger rings. I've been seeing these things pop up a bunch lately... it happened to me a year ago with the whole feather hair extension thing. A trend that made me say to myself; Huh. that's interesting. Looks cool, but I'm not sure I'd do it myself. {cut to a year later and soccer-mom's are driving their minivans around town, feather extensions billowing out the window, while I'm also sporting feathered earrings from Urban Outfitters... I know, I'm so ashamed}

Anyway. So, hand pieces. Or, is it wrist-to-ring-chain? I don't know what to call them. But, I distinctly remember these being specifically for the hippie or princess-fairy-tale girls. Apparently, not so anymore! The one's I've been seeing {and, honestly? Some, I'm kinda digging} are much more edgy and almost punk rock. Check 'em out, you may be seeing more and more of these around soon... besides, it's only a matter of time now that Urban has one too.

PS. If you're crafty, you can totally make one for yourself. No prob!
PPS. Watch out for another trendy weird-slash-cool thing! Ear cuffs. Eek!

top photo: LuvAJ
.

No comments:

Post a Comment